Thursday, July 15, 2010

8 days

I cannot believe I have 8 days until my due date. 8 days.

One small bump in the road... I found out this week that I'm group B strep positive. Apparently it's not a huge deal in most cases. I just have to get 2 rounds of IV antibiotics during labor so that the baby doesn't get infected. I'm trying not to stress, but this is what I'm thinking. What if I have a really fast labor and don't get a chance to get the antibiotics or don't get both rounds? What if the antibiotics aren't effective and the baby gets infected? Why do I have to worry about this?

But then God revealed to me through some very gracious friends that he has his fingerprints all over this baby. I will not allow this to rob me of the joy of anticipating the arrival of my sweet baby boy.

So I'm feeling better about it.

8 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment